- 27500 INR
Phenol is an aromatic organic compound with the molecular formula C6H5OH.
It is a white crystalline solid that is volatile. The molecule consists of a phenyl group (-C6H5) bonded to a hydroxyl group (-OH). It is mildly acidic, but requires careful handling due to its propensity to cause chemical burns. It is an important industrial commodity as a precursor to many materials and useful compounds.
Its major uses involve its conversion to plastics or related materials. Phenol and its chemical derivatives are key for building polycarbonates, epoxies, Bakelite, nylon, detergents, herbicides such as phenoxy herbicides, and numerous pharmaceutical drugs.
- Molecular Formula C6H6O
- CAS Number 108-95-2
- Appearance Colourless to yellow crystals which turn pink on exposure to light and air
- Solubility Soluble in alcohol, chloroform, ether, glycerol, carbon disulphide, petrolactum, volatile and fixed oils, aqueous alkali hydroxides.
- Paypal, Western Union, Letter of Credit (L/C), Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA)
- 10 Per Week
- 7 Days
- Sample costs shipping and taxes has to be paid by the buyer
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- All India
A 27, Top Floor, Satyam Shopping Centre, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400077, India